How Insurers Put Value to Your Personal Injury Claim


After suffering an injury, you may be unable to work which means you are not sure how you will provide for your family. You also may be concerned about how the insurance company will attempt to settle any claim you may have for your injury. According to Las Vegas injury attorneys, many variables go into how an insurance company will value your claim.


What Must Be Compensated

The best Las Vegas personal injury attorney will tell you that you first must understand what type of compensation you may receive. The person who caused your injury must compensate you for your medical bills, lost wages and other expenses that can be documented. If you were required to miss school or training, could not attend a family or other social event, you might be entitled to compensation for that as well. Emotional damages, including depression, anxiety or stress may also be compensated. If you were permanently physically disabled or suffered disfigurement, the person responsible for your injury may be required to compensate you for that as well.


Fault for Injury

Nevada follows the comparative negligence rule which means that if you are partially at fault for an accident, you can recover compensation as long as your fault does not exceed 50 percent. For example, if you step from the curb without looking both ways into the path of a car and are injured, it could be determined that you were 20 percent at fault for your injury. This means that if your allowable compensation is $10,000, your compensation may be reduced by $2,000. If you are determined to be more than 51 percent at fault for your accident, you may not be eligible for any compensation. Therefore, it is critical that you speak to the best Las Vegas personal injury attorney to be sure you receive all the compensation you are entitled to under the law.

If you have been injured in an accident, contact the best Las Vegas personal injury attorney, The Schnitzer Law Firm today. You can arrange a consultation by calling 702-960-4050, emailing or by filling out the simple online form.