Accidents happen. In Las Vegas, car accidents involve trucks, automobiles, pedestrians, and even palm trees near the roadside. But Las Vegas car accidents aren’t the only way people become accident victims.
People can get injured in all kinds of ways that aren’t their fault, including:
- Slipping and falling in businesses
- Being misdiagnosed by doctors, given the wrong treatment, or substandard treatment
- Suffering dog bites, defamation, assault and battery
- Dying as the result of someone’s negligence
Any kind of accident or incident can become a personal injury case. The injured victim needs experienced, skilled, and accomplished help to set things right when that happens. That’s when they turn to a personal injury law firm in Las Vegas they know they can trust. They turn to The Schnitzer Law Firm.
Wouldn’t I Only Need a Lawyer to File a Lawsuit?
Lawsuits are complex proceedings and require expertise in the law and procedure. But claims against people who injured you due to their negligence don’t always result in a trial. A Las Vegas personal injury law firm will always focus on your case.
For the client, it means being prepared for the possibility of having to file a suit. Still, a personal injury lawyer has skills that often make going to trial unnecessary. For example:
- Being the gatekeeper. Your attorney stands in the gap between you and the insurance company controlling who has access to you, allowing you to do what is most important — heal.
- Assess and investigate your claim. Your Las Vegas personal injury law firm knows and understands the legal requirements to prove liability and support your damages.
- Value your claim. The benefit of having a personal injury law firm in Las Vegas represent you means that every aspect of your claim is determined, evaluated, and calculated to maximize your compensation.
- Professionally prepared. Your Las Vegas personal injury law firm is always looking ahead and out for you. The Schnitzer Law Firm uses specialists adept in settlement negotiations and strategizing lawsuits. Whatever it takes to make you whole by securing the compensation you need is what you deserve.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, a personal injury law firm in Las Vegas can ensure you receive compensation for the emotional, physical, and economic hardship you’ve suffered.
How Personal Injury Lawyers Help Car Wreck Victims
Car accidents account for most personal injury claims in the U.S. The lawyer representing a victim in a car wreck case seeks compensation through the at-fault driver’s insurance for all damages the victim suffered. It takes legal skills and experience negotiating with insurance companies to secure the appropriate payment for all damages. This is because the possible damages can include:
- Medical expenses and ongoing treatment and therapy
- Loss of past and future income and the cost of job retraining, if necessary
- Disabilities suffered and permanent impairment as a consequence
- Permanent disfigurement and associated scarring
- Physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of quality of life
- All out-of-pocket expenses related to the wreck
Of course, not every car wreck creates all of the damages above. For the innocent victims of car accidents in Las Vegas, the goal is to achieve the most compensation possible. Car wreck victims need an attorney who understands insurance company tactics and works for the client to succeed.
How Personal Injury Lawyers Help Medical Malpractice Victims
Medical malpractice happens when a doctor, a hospital, or other health care professional, negligently causes an injury to a patient. The keyword is “negligently”. Medical treatment involves risks, and providers ensure that patients are aware of those risks. Treatment that becomes negligent occurs when errors are committed in diagnosis, treatment, aftercare, or health management.
Medical malpractice cases often involve complex issues and procedures requiring expert advice. An attorney can provide the victim of medical malpractice those skills necessary to fight the case, including:
- Legal skills needed to litigate the case
- Perform proper analysis of medical records
- Conduct required medical research
- Acquire the medical experts necessary to argue the case
It is usually vital for the victim to document how their lives following the accident or medical malpractice incident changed in injury cases. A personal injury law firm works with its clients with every aspect of the case.
How Personal Injury Lawyers Help in Wrongful Death Cases
In Nevada, a “wrongful death” is one “caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another” person or entity. The types of personal injury cases that can involve a wrongful death claim include:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Intentional acts, such as assault and battery
- And more
A wrongful death claim is comparable to a personal injury claim, except that the injured person cannot bring their case to court. Someone else files the lawsuit to establish liability and seek damages.
Call or Click Today
The Schnitzer Law Firm attorneys want to meet with you for a FREE consultation about your case. For more information, visit them online at https://theschnitzerlawfirm.com/ or call any time, day or night, (720) 960-4050.