Another way of asking, “How can a Las Vegas law firm help in a motorcycle wreck?” is, “Why would you need a lawyer for a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas?”
One of many reasons is that motorcycle wrecks can pose different and more complex issues than car wrecks because motorcycles are less crash-worthy than enclosed vehicles, so injuries can be more prevalent and severe.
According to a 2019 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) report, you are 29 times more likely to die in a motorcycle crash than in a passenger car crash. Suffice it to say that being injured in a motorcycle accident is also more likely.
The Aftermath of Having a Motorcycle Accident
Evidence can be difficult to collect after any traffic accident, and the difficulties may increase if one of the vehicles is a motorcycle. A Las Vegas law firm knowledgeable in personal injury law can be crucial in recovering the compensation you deserve.
Ways in which a Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorney can make a difference for you include:
- Performing an on-site crash investigation: Police reports provide valuable information about the details of a traffic accident. But the reporting officer did not witness the wreck and will most likely not be looking for evidence that would help a claim for financial compensation.
- Inspecting the vehicles involved: Documenting damage done to the cars in the wreck can be vital to determining what happened. Studying the motorcycle may also reveal defects that contributed to the crash.
- Interviewing witnesses: Eyewitness testimony can influence the strength of a claim.
- And others
Trust an attorney who knows Nevada motorcycle laws and your rights to recovery.
After the Wreck — Now What?
Recovering from injuries suffered in a motorcycle wreck can take a long time. Working with a Las Vegas law firm practiced in motorcycle crash cases allows you the time you need to recover in peace.
It is imperative that the person involved in a motorcycle crash resulting in severe injuries does not settle their claim based on the insurance company’s timeline. The attorneys at The Schnitzer Law Firm know how to negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you continue all necessary treatment until released by your treating physician.
Injuries Often Suffered in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle crashes can cause severe injuries, including:
- Head injuries
- Neck and spinal injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
The severity of your injuries and the time needed for recovery are questions for a treating physician to determine. An attorney working for your best interests will ensure you recover in peace—the hallmark of a dedicated, skilled, and experienced motorcycle crash attorney. You deserve no less.
Full Recovery from More than Physical Injury
Injuries from a motorcycle wreck can extend beyond physical trauma. The consequences of your physical injuries can affect other parts of your life, from your livelihood to your interpersonal relationships. Additional areas in which your attorney benefits are economic damages that can include:
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Damage to your motorcycle
- Future medical treatment
- Job retraining
- And more
Recovery time after a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas is more than just healing broken bones and lacerations. Your attorney will seek adequate remedy for your injuries and damages, and what this means for you is a complete remedy that is practical and efficient.
Suppose your treating doctor(s) proscribe therapy over an extended time. In that case, your lawyer will include the cost of the treatment in settlement negotiations. If necessary, your attorney is prepared to file a lawsuit on your behalf and fight for the compensation needed for your complete remedy.
The Schnitzer Law Firm is committed to making their injured clients whole again to the best of their abilities. What this means for you is an assurance that your lawyer will hold the at-fault party’s insurance company responsible for your losses.
A Key Component of Your Motorcycle Injuries
Pain and suffering are damages that an injured person seeks from the at-fault person. Pain and suffering express physical pain and the emotional distress a crash victim endures. Compensation for pain and suffering is for mental and emotional pain and physical impairments. You may be eligible for compensation for pain and suffering for:
- Grief, worry, and insomnia: Recovering from serious injuries that leave you unable to work and take care of your family can cause trauma. Emotional distress is part of your damage, like a broken bone.
- The loss of enjoyment of life: In Nevada, awards for the loss of enjoyment of life are not considered part of pain, suffering, and mental anguish.
- PTSD: After a motorcycle crash, people often experience anxiety, depression, anguish, fearfulness, sleep issues, nightmares about the wreck, and more.
Mental pain and suffering caused by a crash can be so severe it affects your work, relationships, and happiness. Dramatically and realistically, presenting the documentation of these effects on your life resulting from the motorcycle accident caused by someone else to the insurance company or a jury is often crucial to making your claim. Your attorney at The Schnitzer Law Firm represents you in every aspect of presenting your case for full compensation.
Call or Click Today
Learn more about the motorcycle crash lawyer at The Schnitzer Law Firm online at https://theschnitzerlawfirm.com/ or call (702) 960-4050.